Integration Developer II
The Application Developer II’s role is to create and maintain applications designed to support the business operations across the entire Dignity Health enterprise.
This role is responsible for developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining web-based and mobile applications. Troubleshoots system problems and issues and looks for ways to improve applications. Typically requires a bachelor's degree in a related area and at least 2 years of experience developing applications. Has knowledge of a variety of healthcare concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. Reports to the Application Development Manager.
Designs, develops, tests, implements, and maintains solutions with limited direction.
Participates in on-call rotations.
Performs source code/versioning management function adhering to technical management guidelines.
Leads and coordinates code/peer reviews of single facility or application focused development work to insure it aligns to the business and technical requirements.
Provides administrative, application development, and unit testing for small to medium complex projects (and support issues) or functional areas of larger projects or programs.
Provides application development services for support and projects that align to the software development life cycles, organizational governance policies, and industry best practices.
Collaborates with application and project team(s) to define design and unit testing scenarios and scripts in alignment with business and system requirements.
Participates in or Leads application development activities for a single functional area to achieve project objectives.
Contribute to and maintain a thorough understanding of application standards, policies, and procedures.
Ensures application development deliverables are completed on a time, budget, and quality.
Researches and recommends appropriate application development best practices, and tools.
Develop and applies business knowledge in one or more functional areas.
Demonstrates potential leadership qualities through team motivation, coaching, and mentoring.
Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technology, Medical, or Business discipline or equivalent experience.
IBM, Oracle or Microsoft software development certifications or a PMP certification are a plus.
Requires at least 2 years development experience creating and maintaining applications in a hospital or medical related industry.
Experience working with project life cycle and project management methodologies desired.
Required Skills and Experience:
• A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technology, Medical, or Business discipline or equivalent experience.
• At least 2 years development experience creating and maintaining interfaces or applications in a hospital or medical related industry.
• Strong working knowledge of one or more data integration middleware products and/or technologies such as HL7 interface engine, IBM WebSphere Message Broker, IBM MQ, Managed File Trader (Axway Synchrony MFT product suite preferred), SFTP/FTP scripting.
• Strong working knowledge of IBM Java, SQL scripting.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Basic working knowledge of Cerner Foreign System Interfaces/Open Engine, ConnectR preferred.
• Experience working with DICOM, X.12, HL7, HIPAA transactions sets, and EDI engines desired.
• Other valued working knowledge and experience includes:
o More than one SDLC methodology with detailed knowledge of Waterfall, Agile Development, and Scrum
o Test management, test processes, automated and performance testing using tools such as HP ALM
o Source code management and application build and deployment tools (Rational, Aldon)
o Time management best practices
o Project management methodologies and tools (MS Project)
o Development effort estimation techniques
o Keeping technologically current and learning new technologies
• IBM, Oracle or Microsoft software development certifications or a PMP certification are a plus.
• Experience working with project life cycle and project management methodologies desired.
Moderate travel may be required: 0-25% during the normal course of business but may be required to travel more frequently during certain events.