Specific duties include:
- Conducts complex analyses including advanced methods (e.g., multilevel and longitudinal mixed effects models, multi linear and logistic regression).
- Designs reports and runs advanced queries and data transformations in existing database systems to support data interpretation, reporting and systems conversions as needed.
- Aids in design and implementation of data collection for research projects.
- Develops analytic plans, including calculating sample sizes, defining outcome variables and covariates to be used, and determining which statistical methods to use.
- Manages data files that are derived from data collection. Maintains and monitors data quality to identify and repair problems in data systems.
- Produces tables and figures for manuscripts, presentations and grant proposals.
- Assists with the writing of the methods and results sections of papers, proposals and presentations. May attend and/or present study findings at professional/scientific meetings.
- Minimum two years’ experience managing large, complex datasets including dataset construction and cleaning.
- Minimum two years’ Stata or SAS programming experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with creating, supporting, and diagnosing issues and troubleshooting ofS QL databases.
- Familiar with inferential statistics, research design, principles of data integrity and survey research design.
- Two years’ experience in research/evaluation, including experience with various research methods, data collection, data management, publically available datasets, analysis.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of quantitative analytic methods.
- Ability to manage and analyze large complex datasets.
- Versatility and ability to operate effectively and efficiently according to the needs of concurrent projects.
- Working knowledge and interest in Independent school districts, student data, education sector.
- Team approach to work with students, fellows, and community members committed to projects with Farley Center staff
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and decision-making skills; ability to independently analyze and resolve complex problems as well as self-directed work capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to produce accurate and timely work products.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to details and accuracy.
- Ability to learn new skills, synthesize and apply knowledge from diverse disciplines