JOB DESCRIPTION: Solution Architect I
Mode of hire: 12 month contract
Location: Phoenix, AZ (Local candidates only)
The Solution Architect’s role is to provide technology leadership for developing, integrating, and supporting Dignity Health Technology Services. This role will be responsible for specific application, database, network, infrastructure and/or engineering portfolios/platforms in partnership with Dignity Health’s business capability owners, external vendors and managed services partners. The Solution Architect I will:
1) Drive successful solution adoption from technology planning, investment decisions, implementation to ongoing operational support for one or several medium complexity portfolios
2) Identify and accelerate the elimination of applications and infrastructure which are not Invest platforms
3) Be responsible for improving the availability, security, compliance, interoperability, performance, and technology cost of assigned portfolios/platforms
Qualified candidates must possess a combination of business, technical and leadership skills. They must be change advocates and innovators, quick learners, results-oriented, and creators of compelling technology roadmaps. Solution Architect must seek out and synthesize IT and healthcare trends into multi-year technology investment plans. Mentoring and influencing others in a matrixed team environment is critical to success.
• Create, implement, and support several IT portfolios which accelerate the transformation of Technology Services as a key enabler to Dignity Health’s growth strategy and fulfillment of Dignity Health’s mission.
• Act as the Dignity Health Technology Services champion with internal and external stakeholders regarding security, compliance, feature and product roadmaps, remediation, and service level agreements.
• Be mentored and coached by Solution Architects II & III to build skills and readiness in technology, portfolio, and platform responsibilities.
• Lead and participate in focused proof-of-concept activities for technology assessments, communicate findings, develop portfolio roadmaps, investment prioritization, and successful implementation and adoption.
• Be known as the subject matter expert for their portfolios and actively collaborate with other Solution Architects on IT standards, innovation and integration opportunities to enable new value chains and business efficiencies.
• Act as the IT standards owner for a portfolio domain and facilitate a collaborative process to establish, gain consensus, and communicate R&D, Invest, and Disinvest product roadmaps
• Drive adherence to IT strategy and IT standards in design processes for 3rd party services, products acquired, internal services, integrated hosted solutions, and hardware/software vendors.
• Ensure that portfolio performance meets or exceeds operational metrics for scalability, security, compliance, performance and quality in accordance with negotiated service level agreements.
• Guide business owners and Technology Services teams to ensure the consistency of their components to the overall business capability, IT product architecture, and IT roadmaps.
• Create solutions that drive progress toward approved standards and reduce the number of exceptions by proactive roadmap and investment prioritization with business and IT owners.
• Lead IT portfolio maturity by driving the technical aspects of the acquired and developed products by applying industry best practices and technical due diligence.
• Proactively develop an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the solution domain to implement the most current and relevant solutions
• Proactively drive the assessment and resolution of software, hardware, or process defects discovered throughout the pre-launch, post-launch, and quality review processes.
• Ensure that financial planning and controls for IT portfolio decisions provide a return on investment, cost savings, performance improvement and clearly link to the defined business strategy.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, hardware engineering, or relevant degree is preferred
• Three to five years of experience in technology solutions engineering, technical infrastructure, or technical operations is preferred
• Substantial expertise in one or more technical domains (i.e. applications, network, database, or infrastructure) is preferred and subject matter expertise in multiple technology areas, such as mobile solutions, open source systems, SOA, cloud computing, security and identity management, data warehousing and analytics, voice and data network architectures, storage technologies, and SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS relationships
• Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
• Participation in on-call rotations and working at a “hands on” level with Tier 3 technical support teams
• One or more years of experience in the healthcare or medical industry (optional)
• Knowledge of Meditech, Siemens, Cerner, Allscripts, and McKesson products (optional)
• Knowledge of HIPAA and HITECH, Security Privacy plus, and Generally Accepted Privacy Principles (desired)
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Career and technical progression from hand-on support, development, design, and architecture to portfolio-level responsibilities including standards, strategy, product and capability roadmaps
• Demonstrated leadership driving technology solutions from design through implementation thru a flexible staffing model which leverages cross-functional teams comprised of employees, vendors, outsource partners, and contractors across multiple locations
• Ability to drive technical solutions which may include both legacy and converging technology use at an enterprise level and business process change through education and partnership with stakeholders
• Demonstrated success in architecting medium-scale and long-term technology transformation
• Ability to conduct research and direct technical evaluations of IT issues and products
• Awareness and understanding of emerging trends and technologies in IT and Healthcare
• Ability thru experience to diagnose technical problems in a multi-layered enterprise solution environment encompassing both vendor and custom built solutions
• Knowledge of information, software and technology infrastructure management principles, methods, standards, and techniques
• Communication and presentation skills appropriate for Senior Director and VP interaction
• Relentless pursuit of service excellence at both project and operational levels
• Ability to build and maintain successful relationships with operational/production leadership as well as strategic planners
Demonstrated domain specific knowledge in multiple technologies is preferred, including but not limited to:
• Java Application Server with WebSphere products
• Microsoft .Net framework and ASP.Net
• Relational databases and leading edge data warehouse approaches
• Infrastructure technologies such as load balancers, fire walls, clustering, encryption devices, SAN, virtualization, and cloud services
• Operating systems such as AS400, UNIX/Linux, Windows
• Design tools, design patterns, and UML diagramming
• Disaster recovery and business continuity planning
• Security standards and practices, such as NIST, COBIT, ISO, and FIPS
• Tools for monitoring system health and performance, resource utilization, and availability, such as Sitescope, Tivoli, and Keynote