Title : Infrastructure Design Engineer
Location : San Francisco (El Dorado Hills), CA
Duration : 12 months
Day to Day Responsibilities of this Position and Description of Project:
- Infrastructure Design Engineer provides oversight and technical leadership in designing and implementing integrated infrastructure solutions
- creation of business solutions through the alignment of infrastructure roadmaps and standards/patterns with the application roadmaps.
- The Engineer is accountable for the project-level infrastructure design and deployment plans, including but not limited to operating system, integration, and data warehouse technologies
- Collaborate with other Design engineers, business partners, and platform architects to translate business strategy and requirements into system requirements and technical solutions
- Develop technical diagrams and plans and build specification documents for IT infrastructure build teams
- Promote and enable re-use of services, repeatable architecture patterns, master data, and existing integration patterns.
- Significant contributor to the definition and implementation of the Enterprise Architecture/Engineering standards and policies.
- Define a solutions strategy and solution design that supports the short, medium and long-term infrastructure and business objectives across more than one domain line.
- Develop customized solutions that address specific needs, and successful management and/or delivery of engagements.
- Facilitate decision making, keeping the client’s best interests in mind (addressing vendor biases and striving for cost-effective solution for the client).
- Works with peers outside immediate organization to define and characterize complex technology or process problems and/or develops new solutions, yet works independently to drive technical problems to a solution.
- Develops reusable solutions and workarounds that are innovative and demonstrate a deep technical knowledge of the affected products, processes, and the customer environment.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- 10+ years’ experience in server operating systems including RedHat Enterprise Linux, Oracle Linux, Solaris, and Windows Server
- 3+ years’ experience with and strong understanding of server IBM WebSphere infrastructure technologies including VMware server virtualization, HP/IBM server hardware, and storage and networking technologies related to server infrastructure
- Solid experience with 3 more of the following: IBM WebSphere Application Server, Enterprise Service Bus, MQ, and IBM WebSphere DataPower, EDI, SalesForce, Informatica, and batch processing in the Healthcare vertical
- Experience with DB2, Oracle, and SQL database technologies
- Extensive experience with designing, implementing, deploying and supporting enterprise-level solutions.
- Stability to analyze, consolidate and communicate complex technical topics to all levels of staff (including but not limited to IT executives, business/technical managers, developers and system administrators) in verbal and written form
- Demonstrated experience in designing complex business critical software solution
- Excellent communicator with experience delivering highly complex enterprise solutions.
- Strong ability to build partnerships and influence others that are not in the direct sphere of control. With the ability to earn the respect of technical personnel across application and infrastructure teams.