Title: Data Quality Engineer (job Id #18749)
Location: San Francisco
Interview Type: Telephone and On-site
Duration : 12 months
The DQ analyst will be responsible for the following:
- Ability to read logical / physical data models.
- Investigating invalid/erroneous data sources by identifying the root causes of data integrity issues, and creating corrective processes and systems to prevent reoccurrence
- Experience in Informatica ETL tool is a plus.
- Experience with a data profiling or data quality tool using Informatica DQ tool 9.1 or above
- Ability to write complex SQL queries. Using NO-SQL, RDBMS and writing Unix scripts.
- Profiling the data from different sources and documents the profiled results.
- The analyst will profile the data with the specific metrics
- Communicate clearly the results of profiling (if any data quality issue or issues) with business analyst and document the issues.
- Follow up with the business analyst for the feedback on the DQ issues from the SME’s
- Update the document after receiving the feedback from business
- Must be able to read logical and physical data models and understand significance of Natural Keys/Surrogate Keys
- Ability to write complex SQL queries
- Communicate to the team the issues that has been identified in the profiling process
- Experience of working on Netezza
- Experience of working on Unix/Linux systems, shell scripting and other basic commands
- Experience of working with XML
- Experience of using Address Standardization modules in IDQ
- Experience of creating DQ scorecards in IDQ Developer/Analyst
- Knowledge of scheduling tools & dependencies
Candidate must be a seasoned data quality person. The Data Integrity Engineer is responsible for analyzing, assessing, and documenting diverse data from its source through many complex transformations to all applications that consume the data. Additionally the individual will identify the issues from the profiling and follow up with the business and document the business rules and Data Quality rules that would be used for improving the quality of the data. Strong skills to identify and resolve data issues and effectively apply the broad range of Professional concepts, practices and methods in moderately complex and diverse circumstances.
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems related field
Three to five years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Strong verbal/written communication skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or other technical discipline required
3-5 years’ experience in using Informatica data Quality tool version 9.1 or above required
At least 3 years’ Experience with relational databases, Netezza required
3 years’ experience with SQL, NO-SQL required
Erwin experience preferred
Knowledge of health plan operations and systems is preferred, ideally with Claims, Provider, and Member subject data areas.