- Designs, develops, configures, and implements solutions to resolve complex and highly complex technical and business issues related to related to information security, identity management, user access authentication, authorization, user provisioning, and role-based access control.
- Designs, develops, and implements solutions to successfully integrate new information security and identity management systems with the existing architecture.
- Provides end-user support as directed by management and works on multiple functions of high complexity. Identifies and recommends functional, technological and/or control solutions.
- May drive one or more projects as part of a Security or Security Risk Management team.
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) for one or more security, IDM, or risk management areas.
- May act as team-lead for other security or risk management personnel.
- Experience evaluating and implementing new hardware and software solutions and managing vendor support/SLA required.
- Experience with UNIX/Linux/BSD operating systems preferred.
- 4+ years technical project experience designing, developing, integrating, and implementing solutions to resolve complex technical and business issues preferred.
- Coding experience and proficiency (e.g. Python, Perl, Ruby, PowerShell, Java, bash, etc) preferred.
- Experience in Windows Office (Work, Excel, etc) required.
- Experience in UNIX/Linux OS and/or Cisco IOS strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Information Systems, or related field, or equivalent professional experience required.
- TWO OR MORE relevant technical/professional security certifications (such as: COMP-TIA Network+, Security+, SANS GIAC, CISSP, CRISC, CISA, or vendor-specific) required.
- Proficient understanding of regulatory and compliance mandates, including but not limited to HIPAA, HITECH, PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley preferred.
- Strong knowledge of healthcare environments preferred
- Coaches and trains engineers integration of systems, including but not limited to databases, applications, network elements and devices, and data storage
- Guides and mentors engineers on the development of custom scripts, programs, and application interfaces to enhance existing monitoring infrastructure as part of project team efforts
- Pursue continuing education to maintain advanced knowledge of best practices, compliance requirements, and threats and trends in identity management and information security, translating into operational action items, policies, procedures, standards and guidelines as part of the IT Security team
- Develop root-cause analysis strategies to determine improvement opportunities when failures occur. Contribute as lead and SME on incident research and resolution when appropriate, mentoring incident team members
- Assist in Continual Service Improvement efforts by identifying, and sometimes leading, opportunities for process improvement.
- Manage workload, prioritizing tasks and documenting time, and other duties.
- Provides training, coaching, and mentoring for Engineers and Senior Engineers in the IT Security organization.
- Assists management in the definition of cross-platform information security and/or identity management policies and procedures as well as a senior contributor on departmental (IT Security) standard operating procedures, processes and guidelines.
- Drive and participate in the collection and documentation of departmental knowledge artifacts; key participant in the development, population, and championing of knowledge management and collaboration systems for the IT Security team.
- Communicates complex technical information to team members and all levels of management.
- Provides identity management advice and support for network systems and applications.
- Act as a security advocate for IT operations team’s adherence to Dignity Health policies and industry best practices.
- The extent to which an organization’s mode of operation, mission and values are consistent with the type of environment that provides personal satisfaction
- Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships
- Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise
Job Specific Competencies:
- Analytical Thinking: Able to breakdown raw information and undefined problems into specific, workable components that, in turn, clearly identify the issues at hand. Makes logical conclusions, anticipates obstacles, and considers different approaches that are relevant to the decision making process.
- Communication for Results: Expresses technical and business concepts, ideas, feelings, opinions, and conclusions orally and in writing. Listens attentively and reinforces words through empathetic body language and tone
- Conceptual Thinking: Synthesizes facts, theories, trends, inferences, and key issues and/or themes in complex and variable situations. Recognizes abstract patterns and relationships between apparently unrelated entities or situations. Applies appropriate concepts and theories in the development of principles, practices, techniques, tools and solutions.
- Consulting: Uses professional or technical expertise to advise, intervene, and/or influence a customer or internal partner over whom there is no direct authority.
- Information Seeking: Gathers and analyzes information or data on current and future trends of best practice. Seeks information on issues impacting the progress of organizational and process issues. Translates up-to-date information into continuous improvement activities that enhance performance
- Anticipates, identifies and defines problems. Seeks root causes. Develops and implements practical and timely solutions
- Risk Management: Identifies risks and obstacles to plans. Defines scarcity and conflicts of resource needs, and potential constraints. Investigates risks within various project elements, assesses impact, and develops contingency plans to address major risks.
- Business Enterprise Knowledge: Solicits information on enterprise direction, goals and industry competitive environment to determine how own function can add value to the organization and to customers. Makes decisions and recommendations clearly linked to the organization's strategy and financial goals, reflecting an awareness of external dynamics. Demonstrates awareness by providing clear explanations for actions taken relative to customer requirements, needs, and industry trends
- Ability to plan and account for impacts of system development efforts across architectural system components, critical business processes, data and applications.
- Conceptualizes the impact of changes to system platforms as a result of system acquisition, system merger, or implementation of enterprise-wide systems.