The Clinical Application Systems Analyst IV provides application technology expertise and direction in the application development or implementation of highly complex/enterprise wide cross functional programs or projects. May lead to resolution of highly complex problems.
This Analyst IV leads the team in troubleshooting of highly complex hardware, software and system problems. Works on multiple projects, engaged in enterprise wide projects as a team member, sometimes a team leader. Acts a subject matter expert for multiple areas.
- Responsible for working and leading the clinical and other IT areas in the design, development, support, maintenance and deployment of functional applications as well as information support processes. Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Oversees the operations functions to ensure customer and production support needs are achieved. Diagnose and resolve highly complex problem management efforts and provide guidance to other team members. Leads team in problem resolution activities. Develops knowledge management strategies and problem reporting and resolution to be used by both the customer and team.
- Responds to customer requests of high complexity. Typically requiring change or release management functions to be executed for fulfillment. May propose solutions to Change & Release Strategies for application.Interacts in a courteous and professional manner. Generates activity and status reports. Oversees the request fulfillment functions of the team.
- Develops and maintains knowledge management system to capture knowledge and work processes. Oversee the team knowledge management contributions and identification of critical knowledge, use, availability and use. Performs Quality Review of Knowledge artifacts for new system implementations.
- May lead the deployment of new modules, upgrades, fixes and new installations. Participates in the design, build and implementation of critical mass. Executes transition to operations functions for moderate to highly complex, enterprise solutions.
- Leads the development of test plans, including robust test cases from application/technical support perspective. Collaborates with the Clinical Solutions Analyst, Quality Assurance team and clinical community for functional testing. Confirms completed functional testing execution prior to migration of change to production.
- Interfaces with customers on service level agreements (SLAs), monitors and reports on deviations. Ensures proper monitoring and reporting of SLA deviations.
- Develops overall project task list for application system analysis, estimates and resource plans for medium to large scale projects and enterprise programs.
- Day to day interactions with user community and works consistently with all levels of the clinical and IT Stakeholders as it relates to Problem Management, and Project Delivery of medium to highly complex enterprise scale projects. Seeks opportunities for improvement in adherence to SLA's and Customer Satisfaction.
- Understanding and adherence to policies and procedures. Ensures team understanding and adherence.
- Demonstrates some leadership through team motivation, coaching, mentoring, and delegating.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technology or Business discipline or equivalent experience.
- Requires 10+ years’ experience working in IT Application Systems Analysis.
- Requires 10+ years of experience working on Ambulatory, Clinical, Financial or Revenue Cycle Applications.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 7-10 years of clinical programming experience required
- 7-10 years’ experience working with Cerner Command Language required
- 7-10 years’ experience working in the healthcare/medical environment required
- Knowledge of Cerner Millennium Table Structure
- Competency in clinical workflow for Discern Expert Rule design
- Ability to communicate effectively with clinical and non-technical users
- Experience working with project life cycle and project management methodologies required.
Moderate travel may be required: This will be a remote builder. I’d expect travel at 25% or less realistically. 0-25% during the normal course of business but may be required to travel more frequently during certain events.