||Healthcare Data Analyst
|Last Updated On
MY HR Supplier
Springfield, MA, USA
||3 - 3 Yrs
|Job Rate / Salary
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Informatics, Finance or related field and a minimum of 3 years of experience in a healthcare or managed care environment.
- Previous work experience developing cost of care and trend analyses and interpreting financial results by explaining variances from budget to actual.
- Knowledge of relational database principles including SQL and MS-Office products are required.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and coding methodologies: HCPCS, CPT, Diagnosis (ICD-10) required. RBRVS and DRG's a plus.
- Good oral and written communication skills with work experience in presenting analysis to key stakeholders to support strategic business decisions.
- Develop a standard reporting portfolio for our Student Health Insurance Plans that includes member demographics, medical PMPM costs, utilization management statistics, PPO discounts, In/Out of Network analyzes, Rx drivers, high cost claimants, etc.
- Analyze cost of care trend drivers and produce well developed graphics and results that are easily understood by clients.
- Conduct and coordinate cross-functional analysis of data to identify trends, explain results, and discover opportunities for improvement. Communicate findings to senior management and the appropriate stakeholders.
- Design, develop, and implement statistically valid tests for internal and external assumptions for healthcare cost savings. Design methods that take into account the justifiable causes for variation in medical costs (age, sex, illness, severity, etc,) and develop reports that summarize this information in a way that management can use to make actionable decisions.
- Works cross-functionally to enhance our enterprise data warehouse reporting strategy designed to make reporting at client site a strategic advantage.
- Supports the initiatives of operational departments by providing applicable data and guidance on measurement.
- Identifies deficiencies in data quality and works cross-functionally to resolve.
- Performs other related job duties or projects as assigned.
Required Skills :