This resource will work on a team performing application development on a number of Rural Development (RD) systems. Responsibilities will include leading and participating in the design, architecture, development, testing, implementation and support of the application development projects
Required Experience/Qualities/Skills are:
• 8+ years of experience in solution analysis, design, and construction in a Java-based environment.
• Demonstrated expertise with Java, Java Frameworks, Object-Oriented design, and development principles, Java Application Servers, and relational databases.
• Experience developing prototypes for technology and UI evaluation processes.
• First-hand experience working with large project teams. Prior experience in new software development projects is preferred.
• Demonstrated experience working in an Agile development environment, including requirements analysis, design, system integration, change management, configuration management, testing, implementation planning, and training design.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal) are required to communicate with team members, other technology resources, stakeholders, and end users.
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Be a self-starter, self-motivated and self-directed.
• Familiar with Section 508 requirements.
Expertise with the following technologies required:
• Deep knowledge of Java/J2EE frameworks and related development tools
• Extensive knowledge of Unix, Linux, Oracle, and SQL
• Experience in open source frameworks such as Spring, Struts, and Hibernate
• Experience working in a federal government environment.
• Experience in the financial industry
• FICO Blaze BRMS
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other equivalent scientific or technical discipline and 10+ years of experience.