This Websphere Application Server Administrator is a key member of a dedicated Middleware team to perform all activities associated with managing, supporting and troubleshooting a large, complex and widely distributed environment. The successful candidate will maintain application hosting environment at various data centers and provide hosting services to approximately 200 applications and systems, both internally and externally facing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain and ensure availability and capacity of WebSphere AppServer products and services and support client applications in a large and complex environment.
• Work independently or semi-independently with limited guidance or direction.
• Provide technical leadership in the development efforts that may span multiple USPS and contractor teams.
• Plan and implement the WebSphere AppServer environment for all stages of development as well as production.
• Install, support, maintain and upgrade WebSphere AppServer products and services.
• Develop and maintain project plans in accordance with client standards.
• Develop, document, and implement procedures that support, maintain and enhance the WebSphere AppServer environment.
• Interact with other Postal organizations and individuals, such as developers and end users, to diagnose and resolve problems.
• Diagnose and resolve complex problems in the WebSphere AppServer environments.
• Develop growth plans to ensure that the hosting environment is capable of supporting the projected growth.
• Perform as the escalation point for all issues not resolved by the other support staff.
• Develop and implement procedures that support proactive problem detection and avoidance, including disaster recovery planning and implementation.
• Balance hardware, network, software and architecture issues to arrive at a scalable and maintainable solution that meets client requirements for uptime, performance and functionality. Also recommend solutions and alternatives.
• Perform logical and physical appserver design (HA, multi-jvm, and multi-cell).
- Experience with WebSphere
- Experience with AppServer environment for all stages of development as well as production.