Integration Developer III
The Application Developer III’s role as a senior developer is to create and maintain applications designed to support the business operations across the entire Dignity Health enterprise. This role is responsible for developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining web-based and mobile software applications. Troubleshoots problems and issues and looks for ways to improve applications. Familiar with a variety of healthcare concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Reports to the Application Development Manager.
- Designs, develops, tests, implements, and maintains solutions with minimal, to no, direction.
- Participates in on-call rotations.
- Performs source code/versioning management function adhering to technical management guidelines.
- Leads and coordinates code/peer reviews of multi-facility or application focused development work to insure it aligns to the business and technical requirements.
- Provides administrative, application development, and unit testing for medium to large complex projects (and support issues) or functional areas of larger projects or programs.
- Provides application development services for support and projects that align to the software development life cycles, organizational governance policies, and industry best practices.
- Collaborates with application and project team(s) to define design and unit testing scenarios and scripts in alignment with business and system requirements.
- Leads cross functional application development activities to achieve project objectives.
- Contribute to and maintain a thorough understanding of application development standards, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures application development deliverables are completed on a time, budget, and quality.
- Researches and recommends appropriate application development best practices, and tools.
- Develops and applies business knowledge in multiple functional areas.
- Demonstrates strong leadership through team motivation, coaching, mentoring, and delegating.
Required Skills and Experience
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technology or Business discipline or equivalent experience.
- IBM, Oracle or Microsoft software development certifications or a PMP certification are a plus.
- Requires 6 or more years development experience primarily creating new applications in a hospital or medical related industry.
- Experience working with project life cycle and project management methodologies required.
- Expert working knowledge of one or more data integration middleware products and/or technologies such as HL7 interface engine, IBM WebSphere Message Broker, IBM MQ, Managed File Trader (Axway Synchrony MFT product suite preferred), SFTP/FTP scripting.
- Advanced working knowledge of IBM Java, SQL scripting.
- Experience working with DICOM, X.12, HL7, HIPAA transactions sets, and EDI engines.
- Strong working knowledge of one or more data integration middleware products and/or technologies such as HL7 interface engine, IBM WebSphere Message Broker, IBM MQ, Managed File Trader (Axway Synchrony MFT product suite preferred), SFTP/FTP scripting.
- Strong working knowledge of IBM Java, SQL scripting.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong working knowledge of Cerner Foreign System Interfaces/Open Engine, ConnectR preferred.
- BM, Oracle or Microsoft software development certifications or a PMP certification are a plus.
- Experience working with DICOM, X.12, HL7, HIPAA transactions sets, and EDI engines desired.
- Other valued working knowledge and experience includes:
- More than one SDLC methodology with detailed knowledge of Waterfall, Agile Development, and Scrum
- Test management, test processes, automated and performance testing using tools such as HP ALM
- Source code management and application build and deployment tools (Rational, Aldon)
- Time management best practices
- Experience working with project life cycle and project management methodologies
- Development effort estimation techniques